The history of Diener
Diener & Rau was established on 1 June 1955 on the premises at am Eichrain 1 in Zurich-Seebach, Switzerland. The initial set-up consisted of two enterprising and dynamic owners, a Schaublin lathe (without keyless chuck and turret head) as well as a hand drill and the floor, which at the same time served as a workbench. Through precise, mechanically clean and on-schedule work, we soon acquired a larger customer base. In the spring of
1957, we decided to move to the premises at Friesstrasse 19 in Oerlikon, Switzerland. Three years later we bought a plot of land in Embrach where we commissioned the construction of a building. The company has been run by Oskar Diener since 1961. The owner’s excellent health, outstanding personal commitment and a great deal of luck in the selection of employees as well as a loyal clientele facilitated the company’s
rapid development. The first new building was completed in Embrach in 1963. This building was expanded several times in subsequent years. An additional new building was erected between 1999 and 2001. Due to the company’s international orientation, Oskar Diener AG, was renamed Diener AG Precision Machining in 2000.